sobota, 8 stycznia 2011

Paweł Postaremczak, Ksawery Wójciński, Paweł Szpura, Wacław Zimpel - Hera (2010)

Hera. The best free jazz recording of last year in Poland. Four exceptional artists: Paweł Posteramczak (soprano & tenor sax), Ksawery Wójciński (double bass), Paweł Szpura (drums) and Wacław Zimpel (clarinet, bass clarinet, tarogato, fujara). Spiritus movens of this band is Zimpel who composed most of the music on the album. I bought this record quite long ago, soon after its premiere, but I simply could not write about it. It is too beautiful, too deep, too significant for me to be enclosed even in the most adequate words. 
I therefore confess to my total   literary failure... All I can say is that this music evokes in my heart some long forgotten feelings, of archetypes, of primal instincts, of ancient gods walking among  average people, perhaps of Golden Era as described by Hesiod, of new golden era in Polish jazz for sure. MUST HAVE!!!    
Few links with opinions and music from this albums:

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...